If you are a Grammarly user then there might be a question in your mind Is Saving Content On Grammarly Safe? This is obvious because Grammarly can collect our data and see what a user writing. Here in this article, we are going to discuss that is Grammarly really safe for writing the content?
If you want to know in nutshell then it is recommended that if you sharing some confidential details or passwords then you should disable the Grammarly for rest of the work using Grammarly is fine. You can disable the Grammarly from the extensions menu of your browser.
Not a Grammarly Premium user? Buy premium subscription today and avail Grammarly Discount on your membership.
Various people have the different view regarding this, some people suggest that we should not save the content on Grammarly as it can be accessed by the Grammarly easily. But, as per the Grammarly policies they never share your data or content with anyone else and neither they store your data on their servers once you have deleted it.
In the Grammarly policies page, they have clearly mentioned that they do not guarantee 100% security of your data. There is a saying that ‘Nothing is perfect in this world’ then how can you expect from a tool to be 100%.
- The site and the software collect the users’ Unique Device Identifier, geographic location from where you are operating your smartphone or PC, the language you are interacting with.
- Grammarly site and the software collect and receive the type hardware and the software you are using, the information obtained from the cookies.
- Also, if you logged into the Grammarly from your Facebook or Google+ account, they will collect your basic information from respective social media.
- More importantly, any content you write on Grammarly, you give Grammarly full permission and access to use it for improvement of algorithms underlying the software and the services.
- Grammarly keeps track and records all of your keystrokes and then analyses the content to detect and suggest the errors. The user themselves are solely responsible for the security and proper use of all user IDs, passwords or other security devices used in connection with the Site and/or the Services.
- Grammarly doesn’t guarantee 100% safety of the information transferred to them by the user. The users should acknowledge at their own risk.
From the above statements, it can be said that Grammarly collects the data of every user but they do not misuse or sell it further. It is recommended that you should not store your confidential information on the Grammarly or never used the Grammarly while sending the confidential information.
Every single written word is sent to the Grammarly servers but as per the records, there has been no issue till now by the Grammarly regarding the safety. I’ve been using the Grammarly for 2 years and I’ve never faced any issue regarding the safety.
Grammarly Safety Verdict:
Grammarly is quite fine for writing the content and not recommended for sending confidential information. However, it is also not good enough to replace the Human Proofreader.
It can be trusted for the users content usage. In simple words, it can be said that Grammarly is safe to use. If you are having any question related to Grammarly safety then you can leave your question in the comments section below.